Imagine you are showing off your vintage Mercedes at the Daily Herald’s Classic Car Cruise Night in Bloomingdale, IL. There are hundreds of people walking around the event who are admiring your candy apple red paint. When the event is done you drive your Mercedes home and put in the garage and you notice there is a long scratch on the side. You think how are you going to match this color? Do have to pay out of pocket for this?
Having your classic or antique car insured through a R.C. Keller & Company classic car insurance policy it would be. Illinois classic car or antique car insurance is different than your ordinary car insurance because it is geared toward the actual collectible value of your classic car. It’s one thing to be able to get another car, but it’s quite different story when you are trying to replace your classic car in its current mint condition.
Classic Car Eligibility
To be qualified as a classic or antique car the car must be 25 years and older. The cars also should be in good condition – preserved or restored and the mileage must be kept at a minimum. Vehicles may only be driven to and from an antique auto show or exhibition, service station or demonstration. The mechanical and physical condition of the vehicle, including brakes, lights, glass and appearance, must be the same or as safe as originally equipped.
We cover the following types of classic cars:
- Antiques, Classics or Collector: a car is generally defined as a car over 25 years of age
- Custom Built: vehicles altered to improve its performance, often by altering or replacing the engine and transmission
- Hot Rods: a car rebuilt or modified for high speed and fast acceleration
- Sports Cars (foreign & domestic): a small, two-seater, two-door vehicle designed for spirited performance and nimble handling
- And More
R.C. Keller & Associate will be happy to answer questions you may have about eligibility.
Coverages Needed For Your Classic Car
You’ve customized your hot rod, R.C. Keller & Company can help you customize your insurance policy as well. Making sure you are protected is our priority and you can choose from the following coverage options:
- Comprehensive: physical damage or theft protection (i.e. cracked windshield)
- Collision: damage caused by contacting another object
- Liability: covers bodily injury to others as well as property damage if an accident occurs
- Medical Payment: coverage for you and/or a passenger is injured in an accident
- Uninsured/Under Insured Motorist: not everyone will carry insurance on their antique or classic auto because of the limited miles their car is driven. It is important you carry this insurance; it covers bodily injury and property damage involving an accident where the responsible party either doesn’t have any insurance or has inadequate liability limits
- Agreed Value: our insurance carriers use industry-leading tools to help determine the true market value of your classic or antique car for in the event of a total loss, you will be able to regain the full value of your car (minus the deductible)
Why Choose R.C. Keller & Company?
R.C. Keller & Company have protected the classic and antique car owners of Schaumburg since 1910. We will provide the right coverage at the right price since we have multiple insurance carriers to work with. Call us today at 847-907-4520!
Get Started Today!
- Fill out the form at the top of this page to get started. One of our classic car specialists will get in touch with you to show you all the features you need at the best price without cutting protection.
- Before your next car show or your next simple drive around the city, you have the peace of mind of being fully insured.