Illinois Pet Grooming Insurance
Insurance is essential for any business but it is especially important for pet groomers because of the strong bond the owner and pet have. If something were to go wrong, there could be considerable anger and hurt on the owner’s part which can easily turn into legal action, like in this case…
A couple has filed a lawsuit against a local pet groomer, claiming that the groomer injured their puppy so severely that their puppy died. In a civil suit, the couple claims that their four month old English Bulldog, suffered injuries while in the pet groomer’s care which led to the puppy’s death. After the couple dropped off their puppy at the groomer, the couple received a call stating that the puppy was vomiting blood and they should pick the puppy up and take the puppy to a veterinarian. When the couple brought the puppy to the vet, the puppy died forty-five minutes later. After a necropsy was performed, it was determined that the cause of death was likely due to strangulation that had occurred while the puppy was being groomed by the local pet groomer. This local groomer is being sued for $25,000.
Get yourself a Pet Groomer Insurance protection plan before this could happen to you.
Let R.C. Keller & Company do the shopping for you. We know the business and will get you the best price.
Pet groomers are a peculiar breed. Grooming businesses come in all shapes and sizes, it can be difficult to understand what type of coverage and how much you need. If you run a dog sitting business out of your home or you have your own grooming business, you are responsible for protecting more than yourself.
Emotions often run high when pets are involved and pet owners often demand the best for their furry and feathered friends. That is why you provide the best services possible. Sometimes the unexpected does happen and that is when your Pet Grooming Insurance plan takes over.
R.C. Keller & Company understands not only the inherent risks of running a start up or small business, but also the unique set of challenges faced by pet groomers and the insurance products that protect them.
Our agents work with our most highly rated insurance providers to decide what type of coverage is best for you. We offer pet groomer professionals the following types of coverage:
- General Liability: A standard insurance policy that protects pet groomers against liability claims for bodily injury advertising injury, property damage that occurs on your premises or as a result of your business practices.
- Property Insurance: This type of insurance protects the physical property and equipment of a business against a loss from theft or fire
- Commercial Auto: A standard insurance policy that covers a company’s use of cars, trucks, vans and other vehicles in the course of carrying out its business. This coverage may also include vehicles owned or leased by the company, hired by the company or employee-owned vehicles that are being used for the business’s purpose.
- Workers Compensation: Insurance that will cover medical and rehabilitation costs and lost wages for employees injured at work. This insurance is required by law in all states.
- Umbrella Insurance: A policy designated to provide protection against catastrophic losses. This is an extra blanket coverage over your general liability policy and commercial auto policy
- Professional Liability: Is a form of liability insurance that helps protect professional advice- and service-providing individuals and companies from the full cost of defending against a negligence claim made by a client.
Here are two reasons to act now!
- Our customizable Pet Grooming Insurance plans are shaped to fit the needs of your business with no extra policies or hidden fees.
- Fill out the form on this page to get a free no obligation quote today.